There are a number of vital rules that are strictly enforced upon any fashionista entering the Royal meeting at Ascot racecourse.
– Dresses and skirts should be of modest length defined as falling just above the knee or longer.
– Dresses and tops should have straps of one inch or greater.
– Jackets and pashminas may be worn, but the dresses and tops underneath should still comply with the Royal Enclosure dress code.
– Trouser suits are welcome. They should be full length and of matching material and color.
– Hats should be worn; a headpiece which has a base of four inches (10cm) or more in diameter is acceptable as an alternative to a hat.
On Tuesday the Queen went for the palest of blues. Princess Eugenie looked chic in a beige trench coat and matching hat. And Yana Max showed the Royal Enclosure how a fashionista keeps things cool – in a black Leon Max cape